Faux Ice Cream Sandwiches



I came across this recipe in the newspaper yesterday and sounded like a perfect treat for my kids (and who are we kidding - ME TOO)!! :)

And they are SOOOO easy.  I don't have the newspaper anymore but I want to say that it came from Southern Home.  I could be way off here so if it's from somewhere else please don't get offended and hate me!

Okay, here's the recipe:

1 box graham crackers
1 8 oz. tub of whipped cream (fat free, lite or regular)
1 large box of instant chocolate pudding - I bought the sugar free one but whatever you like will work.
Sprinkles (guess you could leave this off but what fun would that be????)

Mix up the pudding per the boxes directions.  Once it's all mixed up add the tub of Cool-Whip and mix well.  Now at this point I put the whole bowl in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes just to harden it up a bit. 

Break your graham crackers in half, put a big spoon full of "ice cream" and top with another graham cracker.  Roll the side in sprinkles and your DONE!!!  See how easy that is!

Put these goodies in the freezer and in about an hour they will be ready.  These are so yummy!!  Even the hubby thought they were good and he typically only likes the full fat full sugar version of anything. 

Definate success and it makes a TON - used the entire box of graham crackers.  Now you've got dessert lined up for a week!  Or if your house is like my house they'll be gone in a couple of days! :0)

Happy Snacking!!!

1 comments:

Post a Comment