Check out this GEM I got off the curb! :)

So I saw this rocking chair that someone in my neighborhood was throwing out. And yes, I can see how you would want to throw it out - IF YOU COULDN"T SEE THE POTENTIAL!!

Okay, so yes, it has no seat but both the seat and back are going out anyway so it doesn't even matter! The structure of the chair is very sturdy and check out the design of the chair itself - couldn't you just DIE!!!





I have a couple of ideas of what I want to do with it - but wanted to see what other crafty minds see when they look at it?

I'm thinking a nice fabric redo OR an idea from an Anthropologie chair that I love....Hmmm, the possibilities are endless!!!!!

3 comments:

  • Nikki | May 18, 2011 at 5:55 AM

    Oh you lucky girl! I have had my eye out for a rocker just like this, for ummm forever! Great find....I have this pic in my inspiration stash...an dof coarse, I can't find it now...but it was painted bright red and whoever did it put a padded seat on it, with a bold fabric! You got this...I can't wait to see what you do!

  • Jill | May 18, 2011 at 6:06 PM

    This rocker brings back memories of my grandma - she had a rocker just like this. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

  • Sew,ray,me | May 20, 2011 at 12:42 PM

    What a GREAT chair! It'll be so lovely when its been given some TLC!

    My blog - Sew Ray Me

Post a Comment