So I posted before about my yard sale finds. Got one thing done and two more ALMOST done. Wanted to go ahead and post the desk that I finished for my 9 year olds room.
Spent $15 at a yard sale....
and about $15 on paint...
I didn't sand this. Just wiped it down a bit and sprayed it with a coat of Kilz.
Used Rustoleum Spray Paint in Warm Yellow. Just one coat but took me two cans.
There are lots of good tutorials out there on glazing but the one I liked the most was from All Things Thrifty (absolutely one of my favorite go to blogs) check it out! :)
I brushed the glaze on and then wipped off with a rag. I didn't do a second coat of this but did "dry brush" the desk a bit to give it a little bit more of a brown color and "streaky" wood look. I'm sure those are technical terms!
I spray painted the hardware with a gloss brown spray paint and screwed them back on!
So easy!!!! And I love the way it turned out. The 9 year old isn't as impressed though! Go figure!!!
Once the hubby's here I'll get him to move it out of the garage and into the house! :)
This is posted on Thrifty Decor Chick link party. There are some great ideas over there! :)
- Check out what I just scored on CL
- Pattern design class...
- Yard sale picture frames
- Come follow my brick and morter store!
- Before and After End Table - Tutorial
- Silhouette giveaway!
- Bloggie Hop Friday! :)
- Check out this GEM I got off the curb! :)
- New shirt made out of leftover material
- modge podge is pissing me off!!!
- Yard sale find... before and after
- My sewing machine is broken!!!!!!
- April's Fury - Alabama Tornados
- ▼ May (13)
Powered by Blogger.