modge podge is pissing me off!!!

So I saw a tutorial somewhere (still waiting on my pinterest invite to come). Of course, don't remember where but she had cut up a wall map and modge podge it on to canvasses to hang on the wall. Thought it was a great idea and while I was at Michaels to get something else I ran across a poster that I liked and it was on clearance for $5 and the canvases were on clearance for $6. It was a sign! :) Here are the pictures of the project (well halfway through anyway).

So here is the poster I saw. I tend to veer towards flowers and in particular burgundy... need to work on that!



I got a pack of 2 16 X 20 canvasses for 6 bucks and sprayed the edges with some brown paint that I had left over from another project.


I measured out the poster and cut it to fit each canvas.




All good so far and here's where I mess up. I used SPRAY ADHESIVE to attach the poster to the canvas. Who was I to know that this would cause problems.

I let that dry and then put on a nice hefty coat (2nd problem) of modge podge.

It was BUBBLE-VILLE!! So I got online and ask, "WHY"

Found out my two main errors. Didn't get a picture of the disaster because I tore it off of the canvas too quick. (however, I will get to REUSE the canvas so not all is lost).

And lastly, I did take a picture of the second side I have sitting here. This is with just the spray adhesive and no modge podge. Looks good this way but it has no partner!! :(




At this point I can reuse the canvas so I'm only out the cost of the poster - $5.00.

On to the next project...

2 comments:

Post a Comment